Stephanie Giammarco (Speaker)
National Advisory Partner
Stephanie Giammarco is a National Leader in BDO’s Advisory practice and is currently a member of BDO RISE Private Limited’s Board of Directors. She previously served the maximum term as a member of BDO USA, LLP’s Board of Directors. With more than 25 years of experience in accounting and information technology, she works with clients to transform their business resulting in revenue growth, improved profitability and risk reduction through the application of strategy and digital capabilities. Stephanie oversees a seasoned team of talented professionals that provide clients customized solutions in the key areas of digital transformation; governance, risk and compliance; litigation and forensics; M&A; and advanced data analytics, to clients around the globe.
Stephanie is particularly skilled in the area of forensic technology and data analytics and has worked with organizations and their counsel on many domestic and international financial frauds, garnering significant media attention, related to issues involving labor and employment, wage and hour, intellectual property, class action lawsuits, trade secrets, financial statement and securities fraud, internal investigations and breach of contract. She has also led large teams in developing Big Data driven analytics and solutions to achieve litigation, investigative or business objectives.
Her work has held up under scrutiny by many governmental agencies, she has been deposed as a Rule 30(b)6 E-discovery witness and she has testified in arbitration on the calculation of damages in contract disputes. Stephanie has published and presented on a range of digital forensics and E-discovery topics, including before the Securities and Exchange Commission, Security Industry Authority and National Futures Association. Stephanie also recently was awarded NY Women of Influence and Crain’s Women to Watch in Accounting and Consulting.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists – Former Advisory Board
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- BDO’s Women’s Initiative Steering Committee – Past Member
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants/Certified Information Technology Professional
- M.A., Criminology: Corporate Crime, Criminology & Criminal Justice, University of Maryland-College Park
- B.S., Accounting, School of Management at Binghamton University